People are dependent on the internet and are spending more and more time online. We look for answers related to our queries ranging from big to the smallest bit on the internet. Whether it be related to learning, buying, entertainment, information, or being inspired and connecting to other people, the internet is at the base of all these structures. And what we see at the top of our search list is not some random websites related to our search it is all regulated by SEO.
What is SEO and how does it works you might ask?
Well basically SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and this is a process that optimizes a website’s technical configuration, link popularity, and content relevance so that the pages it shows are more relevant. It improves your site to make it easier to find when people search for the things related to your site or business in search engines. It gets traffic from organic, free and natural results in search engines. It improves your website’s position in search results and increases the number of visits. SEO works on the three basic factors- keyword analysis, Backlink building, and Content Creation.
What are the types of SEO?
- On-Page SEO– this one is also referred to as on-site SEO, it is the process in which the content present on your website is optimized which includes optimizing the body copy, headers, keywords, descriptions, images, etc.
- Off-Page SEO– this process focuses on link building, it creates exposure and trust for your business that will ultimately increase the number of visitors that your sites will receive. This process might include some processes like pitching articles online, it can include blogs and online publications.
- Technical SEO– this process focuses on the performance of your site, it helps your site to gain visitors and enhance the user’s experience. Due to developing technologies and algorithms, the complexity is increasing and because of that this type of SEO is always evolving and developing. Only efficient efforts can make sure that your site is facing no problems in crawlability. Some of the other efforts might also include enhancing the speed of the website, mobile friendless, and improving site structure.
- Local SEO– this is a kind of variation of SEO that focuses on a specific region instead of focusing all over the areas. This process increases the presence of your site in communicating and promoting your product.
Why is there a need for SEO?
SEO can help you build reputation and trust with your customers. SEO builds trust organically and enhances the user’s experience. When your customers get a nice experience on your site you get more site links and increase traffic.
It helps important and potential leads to see your site and engage with it. It increases the visibility of your site and impacts the buying cycle.
Organic traffic using SEO
Those visitors that are directed towards your website without you paying for it are known as organic traffic. Organic sources include search engines. SEO helps your site to receive organic traffic by using methods like:
- Writing blogs regularly
- Using internal links
- Optimizing and studying about your readers
- Creating a design for the mobile-first
- By adding multimedia to content
- Addition of images
- Making the site pleasing ad easy to guide
- Keyword research etc.